- Organization and Objectives
- Representatives of the Convocation on the University Council
- Constitution and Rules
CUHK Convocation is a statutory body of the University with all its graduates as members. Its establishment is based on Statute 18 of The Chinese University of Hong Kong Ordinance. Please click here for details of the Statute.
Objectives of the Convocation are:
- to further the activities, interests and objectives of the University;
- to promote good relations between the University and the general public;
- to strengthen the relationship between members of the Convocation and other members of the University;
- to promote the interests of members of the Convocation;
- to raise funds for carrying out the objectives of the Convocation.
Eligibility of Membership
The following persons are entitled to have their names entered in the Convocation roll and automatically become members of the Convocation:
- All degree graduates of the University,
- All holders of Post-Secondary College Joint Diploma granted in 1963.
The following persons have to register with the Convocation Secretary to have their names entered in the Convocation roll before they could become members of the Convocation. Please click here for the registration form.
- Any person who studied for not less than four years in one of the original colleges (i.e., Chung Chi, New Asia or United College) and granted a college diploma or a Post-Secondary Colleges Joint Diploma.
- Any person who attended an approved course of study for not less than one year after admission as a registered postgraduate student to a Faculty or a School, and was granted a postgraduate diploma by the Senate.
Structure of the Convocation
Organizational Structure of the Standing Committee
By virtue of Statute 18.7(1) of The Chinese University of Hong Kong Ordinance, and Article 31 and 31A of Constitution of The Convocation of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Convocation shall elect 3 members to the University Council. The Chairman of the Convocation shall automatically be elected to represent the Convocation on the University Council provided that he/she has fulfilled the prescribed conditions.
The names of the current representatives of the Convocation on the University Council can be viewed at: